Thread: AS Disgusts me
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2015, 03:26 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
katie44

I went too see the counsellor last week and AS girlfriend asked if she could come. I think it was a bit of a reality check for her. Counsellor told her he was a predator, a user and looks for weak links . This counsellor is 18 years in recovery. When she asked him does AS love her ? The counsellor replied no, he is incapable of love right now. He explained how the addicts brain works to her. On the way home she said it was like he was talking about AS personally . She has set up her own counselling, I am so glad. She is beginning the road to recovery . What she does from here is her own choice. AS has been calling us and texting us constantly . My husband will not answer him, he's truly had enough. I talked to him on Monday I could barely look at him, it truly broke my heart. He looks so sick a shell of a person. I told him I was done , don't call us, stop texting, don't show up at the house or I would call the police . I told him when he was in a program to give us a call. I don't think that will happen for a long time . I see no other way anymore. I can not allow myself to be pulled in to his chaotic world. My heart is so broken, but I realize there's not a thing I can do. I am powerless over his addiction and life .