Thread: On My Way
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2015, 05:45 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Gonnachange

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
You are a very good son and grandson, Gonnachange. I am sure that, if they could, they would wrap you in their arms and tell you so.
Thanks. You always know the right thing to write. I am so upset with myself because I was blessed with wonderful forbearers and I'm trying live up to that standard with my career, my children, my wife, and if I'm fortunate to have any, my grandchildren.

Originally Posted by tokidoki View Post
Your wife sounds like a wonderful person. I am going through a similar thing; grieving for both of my parents. They were wonderful people. We had the expected, dysfunctional middle-class stuff, but I must say, like you..that I hope I can be a fraction of the people they were...(sigh)
She is. We've been together for 32 plus years and next month will celebrate our 28th wedding anniversary. She's my best friend.

Funny thing about growing up. When I was 17 I knew everything and my parents not so much. As I got older they got smarter. But even in my turbulent teenage years there was always the consistency of love and support and I greatly benefited from that. I'm glad that you had such a good relationship with your parents; it's a gift.

Still Sad

Since my last post here my daughter called to talk about her grandfather. I told her that I forgot and while I held it together while talking with her and I knew she wanted some consoling she consoled me probably more than I did her. I shed tears afterward for the first time in years.

My wife's at the gym so I'm going to stay up to talk to her when she gets home, but it's going to be an early night. I hope sleep comes easily, which it rarely does under the best of circumstances.