View Single Post
Old 02-26-2015, 03:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JustinHolt

Originally Posted by daveycrockett View Post
I messaged my friend on FB and told him I'm quitting again and no reply. I texted my other friend and asked why if I don't call him he doesn't call me. He told me he is giving me the space I require. I asked what does that mean and his reply was it's what you don't say that is revealing to me. I was with him Friday and he knows I started drinking again but didn't know I quit again.

To me this is a total lack of support, can anyone offer any opinion as to what this means?
The friendship you currently have is a shadow of what it will be in a years time. People who are not alcoholics dont understand the condition react with "tough love". They think that by sanctioning you they are helping. They think they are supporting you. Your friend is not showing that he doesnt like you, hes showing you that he does like you and he doesnt know how to deal with the situation. The best friends you can have at the moment are the ones you will find in a recovery group. When you are over the hump of the thing and meet your friend, your friendship will become stronger and more real than you ever imagined possible.