View Single Post
Old 02-24-2015, 10:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Firefall
K9 Trainer, Ret. Sys Engr

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
I'm glad you joined us and am sorry for your troubles.

It's not you, I can honestly say that most of us have been where you are, with me it was with my addicted son. "What if he did this?"..."What if I did that?"..."He said he couldn't do it without me...."Why did he steal from me/lie to me/rage and turn my home into a war zone/overdose/keep drugs in my home/pretend I was selling an office full of computers and collecting money from victims who thought they had found a good deal?".

Trying to figure him out is futile. If he is willing to go to a rehab and/or talk to a counselor, they maybe can help him, but the key word is "willing". Until he is ready nothing will change for you and it will get worse with him.

Hugs
Ann is right. It is the disease we get from living with their addiction and addictive behaviors. We become hyper-vigilent. We listen for bottles opening, behaviors, looking at their activities, wondering "what can we do?" The answer is nothing, we are powerless over their addiction. We have to take care of ourselves, because we can and they are certainly not going to.

Welcome keep reading and posting. Glad you're here.