Old 02-24-2015, 03:25 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
BlueChair

I forget you might not know my husbands background, and might want to know how he got into treatment originally. It was family encouragement. Wont do details here, but he was very sick but still didnt realize he needed help. His parents are very knowledgeable, and they found a rehab they felt would work best for him. Had a doctor from the rehab come and talk to him when he was in the hospital and talked about what it would be like, it was a non 12 step, offered lots of personalized care. We showed him pics of the rehab after his parents visited, and using support from close family, friends, his employer we reinforced he needed professional help. Nothing like we will cut you off, you have hurt us all, or guilt tripping. Except his work did reinforce he couldnt come back until he got help, and they would give him time off and support his recovery. It was all very positive, and he agreed reluctantly. His parents told me I might have to tell him I would leave unless he agreed to go, but thank God it didnt come to that because I dont know if I could have done it.