View Single Post
Old 02-24-2015, 02:26 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
jarp

Originally Posted by Hawkeye13 View Post
So what are your boundaries if he chooses to drink in your home Jarp?

I'm sorry you are dealing with this, but it seems all of that needs to be clearly put on the table up front again
as we alcoholics have selective memory when it comes to consequences for our drinking.

He's been "honest" in saying he's ready to drink.
What your reaction going to be and does he know it?

As an aside, these are the same people telling you he's "testing"
as told you you should let him move back home with you and the
kids no matter how you felt about it, right?

In fairness Hawkeye - he didn't say "he was ready to have a drink", he said "he was really close to having a drink today".

I asked him why he didn't, and he said he knew it was not the right thing to do, and decided it would put him and what he's worked so hard for at risk.

He's an addict. He's going to sometimes 'want' his DOC. In MC we have been working on him bringing me into his thoughts and feelings - rather than isolating himself and therefore me. I DO appreciate him telling me. I'm GLAD I didn't carry onlike a pork chop like I would have in the past.

But I am tired. Tired of it. A bit sad.

Also in fairness - his doc didn't say he should move back in regardless of my feelings. They said 'home' would be the safest place for him...but what I want and feel etc would be separate to that.

My boundaries my boundaries.....I'm working on that right now. I actually feel very confused and lost.