View Single Post
Old 02-24-2015, 11:49 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
gingerbread81

Hello,

I'm sorry you are going through this and I know how it feels. It is hard to stop contact with someone you love, even when you know that person isn't good for you. I broke up with my boyfriend several months ago, but have struggled to stay no contact as well. I tried to be friends with him; but it isn't working. Just like you said, even as friends, they lie, cheat, and let you down (not my definition of a friend). One day he loves me the next day I'm a selfish b** **. It's really just confusing and it breaks my heart to talk to him and accept that he gave up the relationship for alcohol and partying. I also feel like we are validating them when we continue to interact with them and it's time to just worry about yourself (he's not worried about you).

I'm still kind of stuck in the same place you are, so I don't know how much I can help you....My only advice is to really stay away. Give yourself time to heal and when you start thinking about him and missing him, just remind yourself that he is a liar, cheater, and isn't there for you and that is not what you want in a relationship. I have even been telling myself that I deserve better and when I catch myself thinking about him, I literally have to talk myself out it and rationalize the relationship to myself- this is new for me and I feel it's helping me accept it's really over. I tell myself that I need to heal so one day I can find someone who encompasses what I want from a man and I will be ready for them....I hope this helps..