Thread: On My Way
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2015, 05:36 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Gonnachange

Originally Posted by tokidoki View Post
Hey Gonnachange! Just need to say that I support you unconditionally. Your honesty has been my inspiration. Must admit that I am still on the road, but trying to build my sobriety muscles. Okay, important stuff... I'm from MN and just got back from "the cities" as we call it.. Anyway, had the best ravioli ever (lobster ravioli)... Incredible. I frankly cannot make pasta at home, but if you have any ideas about making the best simple Italian dishes, I'd appreciate hearing about it. I'm sure you're not busy with anything else (stupid sarcastic laugh here), but if you have any ideas or suggestions--would appreciate it.
Thanks for posting here. I'm still struggling with my sobriety muscles also and often have to take it one hour or less at a time. As for honesty, I don't see the point of writing here if I'm not. Yes the eff ups are hard to write about, but knowing that I'm going to have to do so adds a big layer of accountability.

Getting to the important stuff, your question is too open ended for me to answer; be more specific and I'll do all I can to help. That written, making raviolis is a three step process. Number one is making the dough. Number two is making the filling. Number three is making the ravs. Okay, I guess it's really a four step process because they need to be cooked.

Once the dough and filling are made I have two methods of making the raviolis. One is laying out a sheet of pasta, putting a dollop of filling in the middle, folding the sheet of past over the filling, crimping around the filling to remove any air pockets (very important), and then cutting. The other method I use is a tray like this
http://www.amazon.com/Norpro-Ravioli...=ravioli+press

If you want any more info please let me know.