Thread: On My Way
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2015, 07:00 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Gonnachange

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
Ive never made my own ravioli that dish sounds delicious mrs sw loves ravioli so definatly post the recipe bud i think i need a pasta machine might have to invest now

argh now im getting hungry lol i have trouble when good food starts getting mentioned lol
There are probably as many ways of making pasta as there are people and even I switch it up somewhat by using different recipes and different flours. Also, it's difficult to give precise measurements because there are so many variables such as the size of the egg, humidity, moisture in the flour, etc. Fortunately, it doesn't take long to recognize the correct feel. This is the basic recipe I used yesterday:

1 cup durum semolina
1 egg
about 1 tablespoon of water.

I threw the first two ingredients into a food processor and then added the water. In about 30 seconds a ball was formed and I let the machine run for another 2-2 1/2 minutes. I then separated the ball into four smaller ones and let them rest for 20-30 minutes before rolling them out in my Marcato Atlas pasta roller machine. FYI, the whole process can be done by hand if you're someone who likes to knead and use a rolling pin.

If you want more details just let me know.

Originally Posted by Della1968 View Post
Have fun! What show are you going to see?

SW I want a pasta machine too! This from the girl doing low carb lol!
We're going to see Larry David's A Fish In The Dark.

Today

I'm having some anxiety about sitting in the middle of the row in the theater today. I'm fine with aisle seats, like the one I had last weekend, but being cramped in the middle really doesn't do it for me. I hope I'm able to calm down and enjoy the show.