View Single Post
Old 02-17-2015, 09:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by suki44883 View Post
I understand your frustration, but you are still trying to accommodate him. If you truly want a divorce, then file. If he doesn't qualify for a refinance of the house, then that's too bad. Just sell it and divide the profit, if any, or have him buy you out and be done with it.

Your post was all about what HE said during this mediation. What did the mediator say?
Yeah, that was pretty obvious and yes, the mediator heard it all. She tries to not take sides but she was very good about reigning things in and getting us back on track.

I know he's working things on his end so I'm trying to extend some grace to him and give him time to finish the refi (we're waiting on the appraisal). I don't know why I didn't think about asking him to consider NOW selling the house. I need to bring that up. I've been so wrapped up in my move and getting settled that I had put all of this on the back burner until today.

As for what the mediator said: she was very clear that his request to only pay spousal support for 2 years wouldn't hold up in court. She's handled over 600 mediations and she is pretty certain that he isn't being realistic. I trust her, but I also know that she doesn't know our back story and doesn't even know about the alcoholism. I'm hoping we can do this quickly, despite his rantings and ravings.