View Single Post
Old 02-16-2015, 08:33 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
freetosmile

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
I decided to take myself out to the movies tonight. I figured, heck, it's Valentine's Day, and it would be nice to go out. I saw "The Imitation Game"--what a terrific movie! I was torn between seeing that and seeing "The Theory of Everything"--guess I was in a geek kinda mood.

My theater was practically empty. Except for a handful of families with kids, I think practically everyone in the long, long line at the concession stand was there to see one of the fifteen or so screenings of Fifty Shades. There was exactly ONE showing of my movie, and most of the others that were playing.

They still do make a few good movies. I usually watch them at home on Netflix or Amazon Prime, but there's still something cool about sitting in a dark theater with a really good story, well-acted.
LOVE amazon...it's all the kids and I watch...we don't even have cable or satellite. I like that I can "monitor" what the kids watch and I don't have all the dang commercials.

I will also admit that since ...well about three weeks ago, I have not watched ONE single movie or show... school and AH are really sucking the lifeforce out of me.