View Single Post
Old 02-13-2015, 05:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Thatdeliveryguy

Sex and sobriety, a bit taboo but...

Both my wife and I are alcoholics. Heavy alcoholics, we were married on my 18th birthday to the day 16 years ago. Our sexual relationship has always been healthy and rewarding up until we both decided to get sober.

Now the relationship has changed. Things are different, its like the desire and the fulfillment involved with it has left. Her desire is just about nill, and when it does happen its contrived.

Is it normal for alcohol consumption or lack there of to dramatically affect your sexual relationship. Its like we've become two different people and though I love my wife, the spark sexually isn't there at the moment. I can tell that spark isn't there for her either, something is missing. However, how in the world could alcohol possibly effect that 'spark' as I put it.

Did anyone else notice sexual problems more less desire, not the same, different feelings after they quit. Its not talked about often because its taboo but I can't imagine I am all that unique. In sobriety this is one of the few things I really want to enjoy again.

Thanks for reading, share if you like....