View Single Post
Old 02-12-2015, 06:46 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
Heh, I'm laughing over forgetting the bed. Something I would TOTALLY do. Of course, better to have the mattress with no bed than the other way around.

The house sounds terrific, and I'm sure it will start feeling like "home" very soon. You've done a great job with all the planning and execution of this move. Kudos!!
Thanks Lexie. Once I get more settled over the weekend, I can start going through the divorce papers and finishing the taxes. I had to find my son's birth certificate for the school because he's going to play high school tennis and it took me 20 minutes to remember which box the documents were in, ugh!

My son is still sleeping and seems to have had no issues last night. The dog, on the other hand, kept me up here and there. This house is mostly tile and laminate wood(very pretty stuff, too) flooring so his toenails click clack loudly on them and he kept getting up and wanting to go outside and then couldn't figure out if he wanted to sleep on the bed with me or if he wanted to be in his crate!

The funny thing about this house is, that I honestly could see myself living in this floor plan for a long time. It has a very open feel and the kitchen is huge. My dog is now staring out the front door at the birds in the trees and watching neighborhood kids leave for school. On Monday I saw a coyote in the street and snapped a pic.

I'm not used to having so many neighbors: my last house was in a cul de sac, had a 1/3 acre lot (huge in the Phoenix suburbs, LOL) and we backed up to a dead end road and then had the desert on the south side of the house so no shared walls except on the north side. This reminds me of my old starter house neighborhood and I remember loving it because people actually came out of their houses and kids played in the streets!

Anyway, a huge thank you to everyone here at SR. I think the next few months are going to be crazy and probably a roller coaster of emotions, too. I am going to have to start a real budget and I know I'm in for a fight against my AH when it comes to support numbers and supporting my son's extracurricular activities. I have a feeling that it's going to get interesting come next week when we meet with the lawyer/mediator.