Thread: Suboxone Prices
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2005, 04:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
shestruggles

Hi Jen,

Read the other thread here called 'starting suboxone'. This one is before I started, and to be honest, hate to see it up there, first because I sound like a whiney moron (I was dope sick) and second becuase of the 'tiff' I had with another member here. I'd prefer to keep this post buried!

But, short answer to your question: I paid about $270 for my inital visit with the doc. The pills cost me about $6 per pill (8mg), so, figure anywhere from $70-4140 a week, plus I have to check in with my doctor once a week ($70) and pay for my drug tests ($45), I also started bi-weekly therpay at $75 a session.

It turned out to be quite expensive, maybe more than methadone maintenace would have been. The price was one of the main reasons I did not do this sooner, and I still b!tch about it occasionally. I make less than 12K a year, no insurance, etc., so cost is a HUGE issue for me. (hence the preceeding 'tiff' with another member.)
It sucks, but some of us have to think about the cost. But, I have found a few ways to make it work (hell, I always found $$ for dope) and I tell you, it is worth every penny.

Please read the other thread, it will give you a look at the first month on sub - the cost, the side-effects, the overall experience good and bad. I know the experinece differs from person to person, as does the cost from doc to doc, but it will give you a general idea.

Keep posting & let us know what you decide!

Much Love: SS