Old 02-11-2015, 04:08 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
sisterbear

Originally Posted by mj8607 View Post
Thank you so much to everyone who has posted!

A little more to my own backstory, I went through very intense inpatient therapy (for 11 months and 21 days) when I was 15-16, I've also been to a lot of outpatient therapy both for myself and my previous marriage. I am almost feeling therapied out for the moment. Not that I don't believe in it, I have taken a few years of classes in psychology and think everyone can benefit from it at some point, but I guess I just feel a little exhausted from it!

I was able to talk to him about it later and he was very supportive and understanding. He knows that I come with baggage and accepts that as part of me, so he knows things like this may happen. I am just so glad I have somewhere I can turn to get opinions and perspectives from people who do know what it is like!

Thank you to everyone who helped ☺️
Have you ever thought of taking a course in mindfulness? It teaches you to live each moment in the present, letting go of the past and expectations of the future. This is something that has helped me in ways that therapy hadn't been able to.