Old 02-09-2015, 05:31 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
equanamama

my ex is not an alcoholic but his dad is the biggest ex-alcoholic ever. he even is a counselor in a dual diagnoses treatment center. He is such a crappy person that he once came to visit our church and the priest had to tell my ex that his dad was a jerk. fast forward and mine became horrible too, and he never really drank. just a garden variety narcissist. i had times i wished i had a label for him but it doesn't make a difference when they are horrible and mean. there was this way that he could look at me, say something so mean and chilling that it cut through all layers and never think twice. i feel amazing some days to not be near that and not have my kids near that, even when the divorce brought out the worst and was a long horrible process.

Just a heads up, mine lied through counseling and everything. usually small stuff so it wouldn't get him in trouble but enough to destabilize. i think we expect someone who gets sober to stop lying, but be aware and take care of yourself in this.