Thread: My introduction
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2015, 01:50 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
PurpleKnight

You're right, no one could have told me any valid reason to quit drinking either, and I get that, I had people telling me a list of reasons with regards health, I'd come on SR and read posts giving reasons to quit, and the worst of it was deep down inside me I was giving myself my own reasons and I was still dismissing them as I didn't really want to stop drinking!!

Eventually though one day I looked in the mirror and thought, there has to be more than this? drink, hangover, go to work, drink, hangover, go to work, surely this isn't life, and sure I didn't have much hope that things would get better, or that life would turn around, so there is an element of taking a leap of faith in all of this, for me I kept telling myself that surely all these people with decades of Sobriety between them can't be wrong?

But something inside must want it, and in reality what is there to loose? for me being miserable Sober or being miserable with yet another hangover, there wasn't much to choose from, so giving Sobriety a go and seeing what happens, what's the worst that can happen?

I thought I'd reply, because I understand what you're feeling as I've been there once before!!