Old 02-06-2015, 06:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
mj8607

Am I Crazy? This Still Effects My Relationships!

Hello all, I am new here, but I am an adult child of an addict and have some questions for people on this forum.

I've found that the traits I learned growing up has always seriously effected my relationships. I was married to a psychologically abusive man (very much like my father) who didn't help that cycle or those insecurities I have. I am now in what has got to be the healthiest relationship in my life with an amazing man who is very understanding and supportive, even though he did not grow up the same way.

I find myself still second guessing everything and constantly pulling back when I feel upset. Today I got upset because he didn't text me while he was on lunch, the entire morning emailing back and forth didn't matter at that point because he said he would text me. The real kicker is I didn't even notice until I went to lunch. I instantly became upset and felt hurt and disappointed. I know this is a left over from the countless disappointments I've encountered, but I don't know how to appropriately express this without making it seem like he was in the wrong. I'm feeling better after just working through the afternoon, but now I'm home and don't know what to say or how to handle this.

Does anyone have any advice? I feel like I'm crazy sometimes, like these feelings are going to ruin the best thing that's happened to me (besides my daughter, lol).

Any advice or parables would be greatly appreciated!