Thread: My introduction
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2015, 06:55 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
sg1970

Originally Posted by GabrielleSolis1 View Post
Now, I just don't see the point. It's such a waste of time when I can't see what sobriety would do for me when I don't have anything to look forward to anymore.
Life is so much better sober. But it takes time. It takes months. You have to be stubborn as hades in early sobriety and you have to make it your number one priority. You also have to work on recovery. Just putting the plug in the jug won't make life any better. There is never a good time to quit drinking. To let go of your best friend. The thought of spending the rest of your life sober is scary. But think about what might happen if the drinking continues. Hurting people we love, dying a slow horrible death from cirrhosis, legal issues. The list of negatives could go on forever. I've seen a bottom that was so mentally bad I would not wish it on my worst enemy. I've heard story after story of bottoms worse than mine. A common theme is that suicide seemed like a viable option. I know it seemed like one for me. I've also heard story after story of people going from that dark place to having an amazing life worth living thanks to sobriety and recovery. I am one of those people and you can be too.

You don't ever have to pick up a drink again. But you are going to have to fight and work hard for a while. It is not easy. You're going to run into obstacles whether it's cravings or other alkies you don't see eye to eye with. But you have to do it for you and know that the life you will find will be far superior than where the bottle will take you. Find a program that works for you.

Best wishes.