Old 01-29-2015, 08:22 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
LBrain

ouch BigS - It looks like it smarts. But if you were still drinking in chiland and hungover you never would have experienced the joy of getting stung in the Pacific - small price to pay? Better than getting your head smashed into a pole.

As for me, I took a the proverbial 'year off' to get things sorted out. I'm still in transition as far as the direction in life I am going. One thing for sure is, now that I am sober, I am quite content with whatever happens to come my way. I have a year of grace as far as savings go - not at risk of losing home. But soon I must start seeking out employment/decide what I want to do. Much depends on my other half finishing her initial schooling, getting licensed and a job. Then I am more free to 'freelance' rather than tying myself to some 'employer'.

whoa! what's that popping noise? I just had to scurry to rescue the brussel sprouts I had in a pan. Only burnt on one side - so they're okay, she'll eat em.
I am on day four of nicotine quit - I've been munching on radishes for the past hour.
Much better than the big bag of potato chips I had my hand stuck inside yesterday.
I'm still really antsy. 25 years of a nicotine addiction that really took off when I quit booze. Nicotine is next on my TO DON'T list.

Hope you all who had to deal with the snow in the northeast are okay. And Ireland too!
I'd rather have two feet of snow than 110 degree temps they are getting down under tho.
Stay cool down there.