View Single Post
Old 01-29-2015, 08:13 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
Coyote: This morning, I saw the hottest chick. I thought what a nice meal she would make if she wasn't in that damn car. Guess what--she even stopped to take pictures of me while I POSED. ....oh, well...better luck next time.....

dandylion
LOL!!! Actually, I turned my car around when he trotted down my cul de sac and followed HIM to get more pics! I'm sure he really felt wanted at that point! I was totally his paparazzi at that point!

Honestly, though, I am glad I wasn't out walking my dog(even though my dog is 50 pounds). We've been followed by curious coyotes before and I had one run behind us and track us down when I was on my way home. It freaked me out! Other neighbors carry sticks when they walk because the coyotes will bite or attack your dogs. Every year our neighborhood loses about 5 dogs in their backyards to coyotes and then we lose at least one to rattlesnakes.

The new neighborhood is still up here in the hills and my son saw 2 coyotes running through the park 2 weeks ago there when he was playing tennis at those courts. My friend who lives over there had a momma bobcat and her 2 babies camp out in her yard last spring. She had to lock her dogs in or they'd lose the fight to a momma bobcat. There's also been mountain lion sightings over there but I've heard the same about my neighborhood but have never seen one.