Old 01-29-2015, 07:56 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bigsombrero

Hello weekenders! A bit off-topic for anyone new here, I promised to wax poetic about my stingray attack last weekend///

Let me begin my yarn by assuring you that the sea was angry that day, my friends. Down on the border of El Salvador, the Pacific Ocean is rough and unforgiving. As I walked into the deep, I could feel the rage and power of the largest body of water on earth. Little did I know that the monsters of the deep were lurking right next to me. The beast was 50 feet long if he was a foot, my fellow captains! When I stepped on him, he let out a growl that shook the earth from here to the South Pole! His tail wrapped around my ankle and shot pure FIRE into 'me foot, and I tussled with the monster until I was free and back on land...

Okay, so that was a bit of a stretch. But, I did get stung by a stingray and it hurt like the dickens. Got rushed a few blocks by ambulance to a little "Farmacia" and received an injection (right in my rear end) and was back on my feet a few hours later. Still recovering 5 days later - feels more like an old bee sting, a bit itchy. Black and blue though, for sure. I think I'll be okay! I apologize for the photo of my Hobbit-foot, but I feel this is needed so that you're aware of my suffering!

Happy weekend folks!