View Single Post
Old 01-28-2015, 10:23 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by Sotiredofitall View Post
Liz...get the stuff that is most important for you first. Whether its paperwork, mementos or what. Just saying, you are changing the game for him and don't know what his response will be to that. Be sure to cover your needs. Hugs as you move forward~!
I did most of that already and have stuff in a storage facility. I've been sleeping in the spare room anyway and will be sleeping on a futon when we move until I get settled in and can find some decent used stuff on craigslist or on FB garage sale pages.

Thank you everyone for the support. I met with a new lawyer today. I liked her and she was really helpful and supported my decision to leave the home, she gave me honest timelines, told me when and how I'll be expected to pull up my big girl panties, etc. The biggest help she gave me was in understanding a few nuances of AZ law and a few misc. questions I had. Still not sure if I'm going to use the mediator, but the mediator I spoke to the other day is actually a lawyer and been in practice for 20 years so she has experience.

For now, I have 2 ways I can go. I know my rights and my responsibilities. I know what I'm in for and I just pray that we can work it out in as short an amount of time as possible.