View Single Post
Old 01-25-2015, 06:35 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
Lizatola....I will say a word of caution....still go by what the LAWYER says (and the CFP).
You may love and trust your real estate agent completely. I don't doubt that she is a good Real Estate agent. But, don't take your divorce advice from her.
She is a real estate agent...she will always be anxious to sell a house.
And, she will be no better at predicting your husbands probable actions---even the devil can't do that!

dandylion
I completely understand where you all are coming from.

She's waiving all her fees for me for both the sale of the house and on the rental. So, this isn't about money for her. The night my AH got his DUI, she was the first local person I called to come be at my house if I had to go to the police station to get him. She has been with me through all of this and isn't just a fly by night realtor, she's one of my few Christian life coaches(couldn't find a better term). She has a local radio show, is well respected in the community, and I do trust her. She also has a way of making my AH listen because she knows how to figure out how people learn (i.e. auditory, visual, etc) and she is fantastic with people skills.

And, yes, you all are right. I told my lawyer I was looking for a place to rent and she didn't say, "Don't do it!", but I do think I need more clarification from her if I move out and if I'm giving up anything in the process.

Also, now the homeowners whom I'm renting from are willing to let me do a 6 month rent, which is a much lesser commitment than a year and they are leaving me the kitchen table and the huge wall entertainment center. 2 pieces of furniture that I wouldn't have to buy used, move, order, pay for, etc. Talk about making this a tempting move!