View Single Post
Old 01-24-2015, 05:31 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by ShootingStar1 View Post
Liz, I'll make you stainless steel chain maille panties (I'm a metalsmith) - just PM me your size.

Take the bull by the horns, call your lawyer and turn it over to her Monday. If he is complaining about the pay structure at his job, then they are noticing his lack of effort and starting to take action. He may be killing his cash cow sooner than you think.

It appears, knowing that, that time is of the essence. This is your wake up call right now, and there may not be a snooze button.

I'll get going on the chain maille....

ShootingStar1
Woohoo, that sounds awesome!

So, I talked to my realtor who happens to be a very smart businesswoman and who is close friend of ours. She understands our situation and is very supportive and believes that I need to get out ASAP. Last night AH had a binge here at home, which he hasn't done in almost 2 years now. Usually, he binges while away or when we're away.

Her plan, in showing my AH a house the other day, was that we should list our house (the original plan) because it's truly the only asset that I have 'some' control over. Everything else is tied to him or his family. She thinks we can sell my house quickly because of the upgrades and the high demand area and she is working on the comps this weekend for me. She wants me to take the rental and get us out sooner than later. She is confident that I will have the cash quickly from this house. She's been with us through 3 house sales and purchases and has NEVER steered me wrong and always been upfront and honest so I do trust her advice.

She thinks that getting AH excited about buying a smaller more manageable house will motivate him to work with me to sell this house. The plan, then, is to put this house on the market, have me move out ASAP, and let AH put an offer on the other home. He will have to either use the funds from this house or use the estate money to purchase the house but that won't be my problem.

I need to pray about this scenario and see where my HP leads me here. I like the idea, I understand her ideas and think it's a great plan. The only variable here is AH and how unstable/stable he is. The sooner I can move on, the better.