Old 01-24-2015, 12:01 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
BlueChair

Where are the tinfoil hats? I feel like this too but Im also confused.

One of the things about my husband past drug use is it was defined as binge using. He starts off slowly I guess thinking he can control it, but then it escalates quickly and he cant moderate, or stop. His doctor made it clear the danger he faces if he uses again, and so he works under the same idea you've all said, he's capable of quitting and hes done. (But the dr still made us do relapse plans and stuff).

I think his outlook is like that of rational recovery, where he has power and control. But if Im understanding it right then if he relapses Im supposed to leave him? I cant put that out there, I dont want to. I might be forced to leave him I understand this, but I still feel like a relapse can be part of the process. What also worries me is how my husband is so hard on himself. Would he feel a great failure if he did relapse and it would make it even worse?
I guess I should read more to understand, is it the zero tolerance policy, or the part where he knows he has power to quit forever and doesnt have to live in fear? Which is the core of RR? The second part I agree with, but the first one is scary for me right now.