Old 01-23-2015, 11:48 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
allforcnm

Originally Posted by soverylost View Post
It is recent but unlike anything I've seen from him before. We've danced this dance for ten years. First time I've seen this from him. He is doing well and is, for the first time, out of the closet about his addiction.

The thing I think with RR is there simply is no going back for the A. That's what my H is saying without knowing the program or definition. It simply becomes a non issue or no longer an option.

I haven't put any conditions on his sobriety. We have a prevention plan in place and a sort of relapse plan - he didn't want to make one because he says he won't relapse but I kind of forced him and it's rather half-assed. But it's there lol

We are also seeing a counsellor who agrees with the methods we are using and doesn't believe in a step program. Quite a different approach, instead of just trying to manage it, we are working on the root of the problem so that H doesn't need that bandaid anymore if that makes sense. Personally I don't identify with the support 12 step program but that's just me. H does attend meetings here and there but they are not his main source of support.

There are others on here who have used versions of this method with great success. Hopefully they can help you more
The thing I think with RR is there simply is no going back for the A. That's what my H is saying without knowing the program or definition. It simply becomes a non issue or no longer an option.

^^ this.. feel the same about my husband, because he doesn't formally use the RR approach it was all done through his therapy but same concept.. although we too have relapse plans..

You made me laugh though.. "he didn't want to make one because he says he won't relapse but I kind of forced him and it's rather half-assed. But it's there lol"