View Single Post
Old 01-23-2015, 05:36 PM
  # 361 (permalink)  
Dollyangel17

Hi all....

Very quiet here...hope everyone is doing okay.

I am okay. I have been wrestling with something for a while and I think I need to get it off my chest. I'm afraid I don't love my husband anymore:-( At least not in the way I should..,in the romantic sense.
I feel since I have been sober, I have changed so much, I feel a distance from him I can't explain. This makes me so sad because he is a wonderful husband and father.

The thing is...I absolutely wouldn't want to separate though....I don't want to do that to my daughter. I was very young when my parents divorced, and it was terrible and confusing...don't want that for her.

I do love him...and feel terrible for how I am feeling. I wish I could just bring our relationship back to where it was, but not sure that I can. I was always a drinker...from the time we started dating up until I got sober last year. It's just different now, and don't know how to fix it.

I won't drink...sure about that, but just wish things were different. I feel the poor guy put up with the boozer me for years, and now that I am sober, he should be enjoying the best of me, but he us still getting the shafts somehow.

Maybe I need to think about therapy...oh I don't know. Well....that's my bomb she'll for the night. Have to tuck my little girl in now. Back soon.