View Single Post
Old 05-02-2005, 11:37 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Daffodil
Queen of one liners

I came into Al-Anon for me at 45 and will probably be staying until I am 90. so I hope you all are ready for that to happen if I live that long.

Why? Because I feel better going to meetings and coming here to SR because I practice what I suggest to others. Keep the focus on myself. If I am not going ahead I am falling behind or at the very least stagantating. I choose to do neither of the later. I will never be able to repay everyone in the program for all that I've been given and I've seen so many come into the a 12 step program only to stay a while and leave before the mircle could happen. I've also seen many leave the program only to come back a few years later saying they wish they had never left.

I'd rather learn from someone else's pain than to experience it all myself. With each and every one who shares I grow a little more, learn a little more and have just a little more serenity in my life.

I still need a hand to hold as I peek around the new corners of my life,I still appreciate it when someone will listen to me so I can hear what it is that I am thinking, and mostly I do enjoy the company I keep in the program and here at SR. All of you have been at one time or another in the same places I have been, and know and understand where I am coming from.( probably even better than I do myself.) There are a thousand people in the world who will tell me what they think I want to hear but very few who will tell me with love in their hearts the things I need to hear. I have found that kind of people here at SR and at Al-Anon meetings. I need honest feed back said with love and kindness. I've had enough negative feed back given to me in the past to last me a life time.

So I will keep coming back and will try to give that same love and honestly in my posts.

I believe my purpose in life is to be of service to my H.P. and to others. I get all the love, friendship, and fellowship you all have to offer in the deal as well.

Thank you all for staying for the ride. I for one choose not to get off until I have to.