View Single Post
Old 01-20-2015, 03:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
blackandblue

Gut Feeling or Gun Shy?

I was riding the single; I'm busy; I travel a lot; and am unavailable- train for sometime now. I've maintained counseling but stopped going to meetings and logging in here primarily due to being busy I guess. But wait all of you are busy too, so must be something else. I think I just need periodic breaks from so much over analytical introspection.

So I find myself back here in the middle of the night unable to sleep. Still adjusting from another trip and many positive life changes. I recently started seeing someone for the first time in a very long time. Of course, I was gun shy but as time went on, I let down my guard. The relationship has been amazing, and for some reason, I am having doubts. Is it my intuition or is it ptsd?

All seems great, except that I am starting to pick up addict behaviors and my Codie brain is being triggered. Yes, I already know to get back to self-care, and right now that means getting some sleep. I know he drinks and I don't have an issue based on what I've seen, but there might be more to it than alcohol. I have no hard evidence and don't want to accuse, but there is maybe some warning behavior like occasional withdrawal, moodiness, ADHD, and work obsession. How do I proceed without just running the other way from what seems to be so far so good. Am I just being triggered or?