Thread: Well, I did it.
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2015, 10:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
SDH73

Haven't yet formulated a plan. For today I'm going to spend a few hours cleaning my apartment. Dirty dishes everywhere, couldn't be bothered to take out the trash so counter is completely full of half-eaten food, empty frozen dinner boxes, random crap.

I'll be going shopping later and will try to find something useful, like maybe a day-planner or something. Never done this before so not sure how to begin.

I keep track of drinking vs sober days on my wall calendar, but maybe get a fancy full year calendar like mns1 mentioned in another post to keep visual track of my days.

Had looked for an AA meeting before and found a Monday night O meeting that might work for me. Chickened out going before, but maybe some face to face support would help.

Going to start my workout regimen today. Was putting it off until I was over the first few weeks so I could just relax and eat and be generally lazy. Maybe it's time to skip the taking it easy for a few weeks step and just jump in.

That's pretty much all I've got at the moment.

Oh, and I started to put word out that I'm trying to quit drinking over the weekend. No reason to keep it a secret, that just seems like a blank check to relapse as it has been. Hoping for a little support and accountability there.