View Single Post
Old 01-19-2015, 08:32 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Charlie117926

Hay Yank:

I drank out of boredom too. I enjoy outdoor sports. When I was in the heyday of my addiction, my canoes, kayaks and camping gear had years of dust on them. They got in the way of my drinking. I would just sit and look at this stuff in my garage as I entered oblivion on a nightly basis. Now these things are dust free if you catch my drift.

With regard to travelling, I travel a lot for work and I too, was caught in the trap of drinking while on the road. When I am on the road now, I look for popular restaurants that are unique and have a nice dinner. I also take in local attractions, if I have time. Like museums, old train stations and the like. Also when I am at the airport, bookstores have the read and return thing available. so basically you can rent a book for around $5 bucks and when your done you can return it to whatever book store at any airport and check out a new book in its place. This has help to keep me out of the airport bar. Just a few suggestions, but your desire to not drink will make the rest easier. Have a great, sober trip Yank.