View Single Post
Old 01-18-2015, 07:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
jt22

Anyone have issues with jealousy

I find myself strongly disliking people that don't understand addiction and/or haven't experienced it. People that seem to have faced no adversity in their lives and just seem to have it all. As much as I hate to admit it I can't help but get jealous sometimes knowing what myself and others close to me have been through to see normal people going about their lives thinking things about stuff they have no clue about. I should be and am(once i catch myself) happy for them that they have never experienced such hell. I guess I tend to overly victimize myself too when others have it worse so it makes me somewhat of a hypocrite, then that just makes me feel like a guilty pos. I just can't seem to break away from my first instinct being to despise these people, I see people like this on the daily and have them in my family and it just drives me almost insane sometimes. I seem to gravitate towards people like myself, not because I want to be better than them, but just because I can relate and fit in easier. I am just finding it hard liking people that are sober and have never had a drug problem.

I'm bringing this up because it is an issue I need to confront and if I refuse to like people that are different than me then it will make it harder to change myself for the better.