View Single Post
Old 01-17-2015, 07:35 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
angd1978

I am seriously thinking about making a doctors appointment but I don't feel comfortable disclosing all of my drinking to him. I just want to approach it as, I am concerned because of all of the years of anti-depressants, benzos and other medication... plus I quit drinking due to concerns about over consumption to medicate my problems. I still am weaning myself off of the benzos. I took 1mg of klonopin for 4 years and then was switched to valium to get off of the klonopin, which had stopped working. I have gone from 2-3 pills a day( during my grandfather's funeral down to one a day now. I am not an addict when it comes to the benzos because I have never abused them and want to cautiously remove them too from my life. I am afraid that I will be labeled an addict by my doctor. I also know that I have had a b-12 deficiency which caused anemia. I am now wondering if the years of alcohol caused the deficiency and it will come back or if I had it before the drinking. That may very well be the cause of my lack of energy. Ugghhhh... I don't feel like paying for all the blood tests, but I guess it is time to get checked out again.