View Single Post
Old 05-02-2005, 09:23 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
StandingStrong

There have been many times since I joined this board that I have taken some time away from it. Not because of any of you personally, but for me. There is a point sometimes where we hear so much and we are reminded of so much that it does keep us in that part of our life that doesn't allow for us to move on. I think that in each case, it's different.
I also believe that for those of us that have felt the need to come here seeking help and have really focused on ourselves and less on the A in our lives, our reasons kind of change for coming here.
However, I think life is an ongoing journey and the road is different for everyone. Some will continue to use Alanon or these boards for themselves while others will not.
I think it's summed up by that saying, "take what you want and leave the rest" - and sometimes that means taking what you need at the time and leaving when it's time.
Whatever you decide to do, I hope that you find peace in your decision. But I hope that if you do decide to leave that you will not forget what you learned here and that you'll come back if you ever feel the desire or the need.