View Single Post
Old 05-02-2005, 06:05 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Cap3

I needed to tread very lightly,when offereing my alcoholic hub,a way to recovery...smile..He actually blew a fuse,.Alot of hurt that i caused him,were not healing yet...I did it once,and then just let go,let God.After reading your posts,Artman,im referring to the BB 3rd edition,that may be helpful.Page 99.remind the prospect that his recovery is not dependant upon people.It is dependant upon his relationship with God.
Page 98.burn the idea into the consciousness of every man that he can get well regardless of anyone.This artman is so very true.My hub was still active when i came to recovery rooms.I was 10 years sober,by God,s grace,when by the same Grace,he came to AA.
page 355,today im counting my blessings instead of my troubles.5 years sober,way to go!!!!!!
page 450,so im better off if i don't give advice,don't figure i know what,s best and just accept life on lifes terms.
The whole chapter,Doctor,alcoholic,addictmay be helpful also.,page 451,the courage to change in the serenity prayer meant not that i should change my marriage but rather that i should change myself and learn to accept my spouce as she was.When i focus on whats good today i have a good day and when i focus on whats bad i have a bad day.I certainly can't take away her right to feel however she does.
Personally i have embeded this chapter into my life.Everytime i want to change another,this is the place i go to,in the BB..Great reminder....One Day At A Time...Let go,let God.
Keep on,keeping on,
Thanks for letting me share,
God Bless,,take care.