View Single Post
Old 01-15-2015, 06:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lizatola

Anyone ever use a mediator?

My AH and I are discussing using a mediator instead of lawyers for the divorce. I don't know too many people who have used them. Most of my friends used some sort of legal processors and spent very little money while others used lawyers and it cost them a fortune. Seems a mediator is a less expensive alternative.

AH has changed his mind about wanting to keep the house now and has agreed that I was right and that we should sell it. I expect this to change every week or so now. I won't believe anything until it happens,LOL.

I'm going out with my realtor tomorrow to look at rental homes. My son has insisted he come along because he wants to be a realtor some day and because he will be living there too. Guess he doesn't trust my judgement? He does, I just know it's because he likes to look at houses and because he'd get a half day of school!

I have to admit that I waffle between fear of the unknown, mostly financial and job related and excitement of starting over in midlife.

I am feeling a bit overwhelmed with trying to get the house ready to sell, finding a place to live, figuring out which things I will take with me and what I will leave for him, keeping up on the normal daily routine, too, etc. It's all exhausting.

AH likes to argue and I get drained just dealing with him. I'll really need to strengthen my resolve and look at the goal and end result when I have to deal with him. A mediator will require us to work together so we'll see if this goes well. I'm nervous but I know I am done and I will be pushing things along as quickly as possible. What a way to start the new year!