View Single Post
Old 01-15-2015, 12:25 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
MythOfSisyphus

The jealousy/envy of other drinkers does subside in time. You're not doing anything wrong at all. But I have to seriously wonder what's going through your husband's head! Does he not comprehend your situation? Can he not understand your issues with alcohol? If he does then why is he putting you in this situation? Imagine you had a deadly peanut allergy and just a tiny amount would sent you into anaphylactic shock. Would he bring peanut butter into the house and leave dirty dishes covered with PB in the sink? I'd hope not!

Relationships are very complicated, with weird dynamics. You need to examine your relationship with him. Maybe he's totally unaware of the difficulty he's creating for you. Or maybe he doesn't really believe you have a problem. Or maybe he's codependent and secretly wants you to fail. I don't know the situation and I'm not accusing him of anything. But you need to figure it out.

It's really hard to quit drinking! AVRT is like a brain-hack/cheat-code that makes it a lot easier. Still, it's harder if the people closest to you don't "have your back". Home needs to be a safe environment.

If he doesn't have a drinking problem than it should be nothing for him to stop with you, or at least not bring it into the house. If he's unable to stop then maybe he has a problem, too.

Good luck Petals! You've come so far, you can do this!