View Single Post
Old 01-13-2015, 06:59 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  
OnMyWay7

Hi there. I'm "new here" which means I was here in 2011 and now back under a new name because I can't remember my old one.

I'm a 52 year old gay Mom of 4 (13 b/g twins, then 9 and 7 yo girls). My SO has had depression for about 10 years which is what I think made my drinking so easy. It made me not feel the insults you get from a depressed spouse and it was also easy because no one paid attention to my drinking. But enough is enough. I got turned down for life insurance because I have elevated liver enzymes and was just taken by surprise. Kind of. Knew I had been drinking too much but didn't think that this would happen to me. You'd never know it by looking at me.

So now I'm here trying to get sober. My SO thinks I'm "being dramatic" and doesn't think I drink that much (because she doesn't see me that's why) and thinks I should just "lay off for a bit" so I can get the insurance

I mean years ago when I quit I kind of made a big deal about it and she doesn't see that I'm here again? So weird.

Anyway - my life my issue and I need to get sober for me so I can enjoy my kids and Disney.
Hope to find some support here for me to stay sober.