View Single Post
Old 05-01-2005, 10:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
CodeMaster

Welcome,
I do believe she needs recovery as you as well, I know its hard as you want her to try to work things out the recovery way and thats understandable on one hand, but on the other, I think shes lost faith that you will be able to support her or the family? (kids?) and so she has gone out to protect herself from dependancy and so it easily explains an even more reason to get angry or temper cause life is much harder for herself now. If you look at yourself with honesty from your wifes point of view, would you trust yourself to support the family? The bills, etc? Are you paying for it all currently and supporting it already? Or are you busy with school which easily brings the cash flow to a negative.

Though this may sound harsh, I share my honest views so maybe if I'm right, things would make more sense...

I think it takes a lot of understanding where she is coming from considering she has probably been affected by your disease quite a bit.

I think in time, if you continue to recover, not just not drinking, but to find true "sobriety" which you may have already found I dont know from a single post, your wife will see the changes and if she is ready, she will be willing to consider working with her own recovery or maybe having a little more faith.

I can tell you that an addict can do damages to those around them, sometimes to the point of no return in MY OPINION. With any damage whether by the addict or a non-addict, it can change things for life I'm sorry to say. Time may heal, but even so, for example, if someone was to cheat in my marriage, things would never be truly the same.

I'm sure many disagree, but this is sharing from my own world. I actually think your really lucky guy...