View Single Post
Old 01-10-2015, 06:20 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Aellyce

Yeah we have done this before on SR, I participated then as well since this is something I studied a lot and was very much into in the past. I did the MBTI many times over probably a 20 year period, I encountered it first during a college class and last time ~2 years ago in a career workshop in my workplace. Long tests used by professionals. I'm no longer good with this kind of personality testing doing it the way I think and behave now, because I've done so much self work that altered a lot of my default patterns. But I've done it remembering and using my original patterns each time, and the result has always been the same: INTP/J. I like to mention the P/J tie when I discuss this, because I always score very close to both on that dimension. I voted INTP because being familiar with the theory, I think that's a closer hit, including considering the hierarchy of the cognitive functions in the system, although if I made a hierarchical "stack" of the functions as they are described in the theory, I would come up with a stack variation that actually does not exist in the original system. I also always scored pretty heavily on the "NT", again, based on my default without all the conscious work and other development.

I remember when we discussed this once earlier here, a lot of people participated and there was a strong "N" bias in the community. I made a joke back then that it makes sense we alcoholics have that feature strongly: always looking for meaning and not finding it in the normal world, so we turned to a booze-soaked alternate reality

Anyhow, I no longer take this kind of stuff seriously but it's fun to talk about it.