View Single Post
Old 01-07-2015, 04:39 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  
Venecia

Hi, all --

And greetings from Frigid World.

Some good posts over the last few days. It seems like we're often on the same wavelengths. In recent days, I've been feeling something rather transitional. As a pragmatic person (in many ways, anyway), I'm not necessarily one to put much stock in faddish sayings or psycho-trendy thinking. Still, I had an interesting experience recently.

I went to the movie "Wild" at the end of last week. Toward the end of the movie -- and I don't think I'm giving away much here -- there was a line that really resonated with me. The central character, at the very end, said something (I'm close, though not verbatim) like "I became who I was meant to be." Something about that line of thinking hit me where I live. I thought about it a lot. And I've been feeling more peaceful than I have in some time.

Hope this note finds you're all doing well. Enjoyed your post, Kadi. It, too, resonated with me.

Stay warm, all. (OK, Adv, probably not a problem where you are!) Else, I hope your recovery remains steady and full.

V.