View Single Post
Old 01-05-2015, 11:02 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Florence

The only thing I put on my google calendar was his visitation weekends/days and who had them for the holidays based on the schedule. I added a link to the guidelines we used (or scanned in a copy - can't remember now).
Ditto. I don't put on anything about doc appointments or administrative stuff like that. I might drop him an email after the fact to CYA just saying, took DS15 to the doctor, all is well, or this is what the doctor said. If he's in sports, I might have added that to the calendar in the past, but honestly I don't do that anymore. It's on the school website.

It's mostly about holiday time and being able to look into the future and see if I can make plans or get a sitter or trade weekends or whatever. It was a huge point of contention for a long time, but now it's pretty standard business (10 years later). I will input stuff into the calendar then drop him an email saying, look it over and if you don't have any complaints, this is what we're going with.

One time he complained that he didn't like the way I did the calendar, complained that I didn't give him his time, and even accused me of changing it and he wasn't going to follow it anymore -- so I just called his bluff. He sent me a screenshot and it turned out he was looking at hit wrong, or just being a jerk, either way. I told him and his lawyer that if they didn't like the idea of full disclosure, a judge and I would like to hear what other solutions to our custody communication they had up their sleeves. They shut up and he grumbled about it for awhile, but whatever.

Maintaining a calendar means you're the one making any effort whatsoever to keep up proactive communication. Rest easy, and blow this guy off.

Remember, he can SAY anything he wants to. Just because the phone is ringing doesn't mean you have to answer it.