Old 01-04-2015, 12:47 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by ShootingStar1 View Post
Liz, forgive my naivete, but what is wrong about telling your son (with your husband) now?

He is now in high school, yes?, and probably knows anyway. It might make the situation better for him to know where he stands.

Are there issues about where your son is going to live or go to school that make this more problematic if he knows (formally) about the divorce?

ShootingStar1
Honestly, I just wanted a more formal plan. Instead of, "hey we're getting divorced and we don't know anything more than that." I thought it might lessen some of his anxiety. Since our son is homeschooled, we don't worry about schools, per se. I just need to stay relatively close to his tutoring center.

The funny thing is, my son has been begging me to move him another school district because the high schools on the east side of town have better tennis teams and he wants to play high school tennis this spring. Our school district has nothing to offer him so he didn't play last year for high school, he just played national tournament stuff and US tennis individual competitions.

So, I already know where we could look for rentals because it would only be 20 minutes from here but us on the edge of a specific school district giving him the chance to play for a better team.