SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information - View Single Post - AA as "stealth Buddhism" - article from AAAgnostica
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2015, 07:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
bemyself

Thanks for posting the link to that article Jen - yeah, I read it too. I tend to visit Agnostica at least once a week - and the comments below each article (for those who haven't discovered the site) are as erudite and well-considered as so many here on SR.

Even before I read that article recently, I'd twigged that the Steps in particular are just a mish-mash / re-hash of behavioural / spiritual wisdom gleaned from numerous wisdom traditions including Buddhism.

And just speaking personally - and some on Agnostica, including some who are 20 or 30 years plus sober AA members say the same: a lot of it (the trad literature of the BB / Steps etc) are in places very badly written. That's just me, though, picky over discourse and writing with my Arts background :-)

Lao Tzu

bemyself is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bemyself For This Useful Post:
Soberpotamus (01-03-2015)