View Single Post
Old 12-31-2014, 05:15 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  
advbike

Happy New Year to my classmates! It's the morning of January first here in SE Asia. Another night of massive fireworks, lol..

I've been reflecting back on an interesting year. Lots of change and personal growth, although that's a work in progress.. and open to interpretation, lol. Nonetheless, we all have our own journey to take and it starts with removing the addictions that we developed to cope with life. Before I quit drinking my life was slipping by - controlled by my ego, my fear and shame, my emotions, and other people's expectations. I drank not because of a physical addiction but because I was mired in all of that.

Now I'm simply trying to be more mindful, aware, and live in the present moment. Let go of resentments and not listen to the barrage of ego-generated fear and anxiety. It's not easy for me, but awareness and understanding helps with this process. I never dreamed that sobriety would open up this can of worms, lol.. or take me on such an interesting journey.

Well, sounds like My Year in review, lol. Sorry.. mostly I just want to wish all of you a joyful year in 2015, filled with personal discovery and meaning. May your dreams come true!

Cheers,
Adv