View Single Post
Old 12-29-2014, 05:36 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
FireSprite

Originally Posted by Txdude229 View Post

Of course, I stumble across one of his tshirts and emotions flood me. I feel sooooo bad because I know I upset him....he made it clear that breaking up with him "is unforgivable and irreversible; and how dare I ruin his Sunday." I know leaving him is the best thing for me.....but when will my pain end? I'm more worried about him now than when were still technically together. I want to run back to him and comfort him for the hurting his today....even sacrifice my happiness to help him.
Ruin his SUNDAY? Seriously?!!? QUACK!!!

It will get better the greater your distance from the dysfunction. It takes a WHILE to get used to new, healthier patterns. At first it feels more wrong than the crap you left behind but eventually your internal barometer resets closer to a "normal" setting because you better identify acceptable vs. unacceptable behaviors.

It really does start from the inside out, with treating yourself better starting RIGHT NOW. Remember that self-care is NOT selfish and when you treat yourself well, you show others how you expect to be treated by them as well.