Old 12-28-2014, 01:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
PurpleKnight

The problem with other people who want you to drink telling you that you don't have a problem with alcohol is it's a pretty bias viewpoint, if I went down to my local pub now and pulled up a chair, no one would think I had a problem either and I'd be encouraged to have a pint, so beware those opinions that are on the same side as your addictive mind.

The other thing is I really had to hammer home the acceptance that a period of abstinence wouldn't cure or fix me, if I had a drink right now, in a matter of weeks I'm pretty certain I'd be back to as bad as ever.

I went to my sister's wedding last summer and there were none drinkers at it, it really is great when we realise not everyone in the world drinks, there were some people there that didn't drink for religious reasons, we had older relatives, those that were driving and some that were pregnant, but why does no one give grandma a hard time for having a diet coke?

Hang in there, a new Sober lifestyle can't be created over night, old habits die hard, but in time we can revolutionise our lives to that of a "non drinker"!!

You can do this!!