View Single Post
Old 12-26-2014, 03:41 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Todzilla

Originally Posted by maia1234 View Post
" My current issue is letting go of trying to get my wife to recognize her behavior toward me and it's destructive effects. I keep clinging to the hope she'll become self-aware and change."

Sounds like me, "I am only trying to get my xhusband to stop drinking and seeing what he is doing to our family. I keep hoping that a the serenity stick will hit him and he will see the light"...

We all have this issue. I was hoping this Christmas season that the ghost in scrooge would walk my xh around in a dream and show him his past and future. haha!! That's how crazy I am. It take time and work to accept that we can not change anyone to want what we want them to be or do.

Work and more work on yourself. Keep coming back, posting, hitting meetings. One day hopefully you will be a peace on what ever you need to do for you.
Thanks, Maia.

You're right to gently point out the fallacy in my wishes. I need to let go of those desires to have her change. At the same time, I need to understand what I am and am not willing to endure.