View Single Post
Old 12-26-2014, 12:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
NWGRITS
Bunnies!

I'm No Contact with my sister. She's 9 years older than me and we have nothing in common. She's like AM's mini-me, and I'm the total opposite. Our upbringings were nothing alike. She was raised by my mom and dad until I was born, and then our grandmother moved in with us and took over my care. Dad left when I was 3 or 4 and parents officially divorced when I was 5. She would never graciously accept anything I gave her, so I quit trying. She has always made it a point to tell me I ruined her life the day I was born. Apparently I also ruined AM's, so I'm thinking I'm pretty damn powerful. *eyeroll*

But really, I'm horrible about calling people or answering the phone because I have social anxiety. I hate talking on the phone. I'll text or email all day, but put me in a position where I don't have a chance to mull over my responses, and I'm going to fail miserably. I do make it a point to thank people for things, even if they're not asked for or totally missed the mark. You could say I'm gracious to a fault, but that's the people-pleasing ACoA coming out.